Main Article Content
urticaria, COVID-19, coronavirus
This is the first known case of a young female (18 years old) with widespread urticaria amid active Covid-19 infection at a drive-up testing facility. Covid-19 should currently be on the differential diagnosis for urticaria seen in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
2. van Damme C, Berlingin E, Saussez S, Accaputo O. Acute urticaria with pyrexia as the first manifestation of a COVID-19 infection. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2020 Apr 24. Epub ahead of print.
3. Zuberbier T, Ifflander J, Semmler C, Henz BM. Acute urticaria: clinical aspects and therapeutic responsiveness. Acta Derm Venereol. 1996;76:295-297.
4. Imbalzano E, Casciaro M, Quartuccio S, Minciullo PL, Cascio A, Calapai G, Gangemi S. Association between urticaria and virus infections: A systemic review. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2016(1):18-22.
5. Kasperska-Zajac A, Sztylc J, Machura E, Jop G. Plasma IL-6 concentration correlates with clinical disease activity and serum C-reactive protein concentration in chronic urticaria patients. Clin Exp Allergy 2011(41): 1386-91
6. Aziz M, Fatima R, Assaly R. Elevated Interleukin-6 and Severe COVID-19: A Meta-Analysis. J Med Virol. 2020 Apr 28. Epub ahead of print.