Main Article Content
dermatology, oncology, b-cell lymphoma
Primary cutaneous lymphomas, which are diagnosed with only skin involvement, can be of B or T cell origin. Due to their varied origin as well as their diverse presentations, these groups have been divided further into more descriptive and representative groups. The subtypes are primary cutaneous marginal zone lymphoma (PCMZL), primary cutaneous follicle center lymphoma (PCFCL), primary cutaneous diffuse large B cell lymphoma, leg type (PCDLBCL-LT) and intravascular large B-cell lymphoma. Here, we present the cases of three ethnically diverse patients with distinct clinical and histological forms of cutaneous B cell lymphoma.
2. Alizadeh AA, et al. Distinct types of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma identified by gene expression profiling. Nature. 2000. 403(6769): p. 503-11.
3. Teras, LR, et al., 2016 US lymphoid malignancy statistics by World Health Organization subtypes. CA Cancer J Clin. 2016. 66(6): p. 443-459.
4. Malachowski SJ, Sun J, Chen P-L, Seminario-Vidal L. Diagnosis and Management of Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphomas. Dermatologic Clinics. 2019;37(4):443-454.
5. Willemze R, Cerroni L, Kempf W, Berti E, Facchetti F, Steven H. Swerdlow, Elaine S. Jaffe; The 2018 update of the WHO-EORTC classification for primary cutaneous lymphomas. Blood. 2019; 133 (16): 1703–1714.
6. Campbell SM, Peters SB, Zirwas MJ, Wong HK, Campbell SM. Immunophenotypic diagnosis of primary cutaneous lymphomas: A review for the practicing dermatologist. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2010;3(10):21-25.
7. Sica A, Vitiello P, Caccavale S, et al. Primary Cutaneous DLBCL Non-GCB Type: Challenges of a Rare Case. Open Med (Wars). 2020;15:119–125. Published 2020 Mar 19.
8. Bradford PT, Devesa SS, Anderson WF, Toro JR. Cutaneous lymphoma incidence patterns in the United States: a population-based study of 3884 cases. Blood. 2009;113(21):5064-5073.
9. Wilcox RA (2013), Cutaneous B‐cell lymphomas: 2013 update on diagnosis, risk‐stratification, and management. Am. J. Hematol., 88: 73-76.
10. Hans CP, Weisenburger DD, Greiner TC, et al. Confirmation of the molecular classification of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma by immunohistochemistry using a tissue microarray. Blood. 2004;103(1):275-282.
11. Goyal A, Leblanc RE, Carter JB. Cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2019;33(1):149-161.