Main Article Content
Mucocele, oral mucosa, salivary glands, lower lip
Mucoceles are one of the most common benign mucosal growth in the oral cavity. They may be under-recognized in children. Mucoceles infrequently present in groups. We present an unusual case of eruptive superficial mucoceles in a 6-day old male that served as a diagnostic dilemma.
2. Harrison JD. Salivary mucoceles. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology 1975; 39: 268–278.
3. Anastassov GE, Haiavy J, Solodnik P, Lee H, Lumerman H. Submandibular gland mucocele: diagnosis and management. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics. 2000;89(2):159–163.
4. K.H. Thoma Cysts of the Salivary and Mucous Glands: Oral Pathology ((ed 3)), CV Mosby, St. Louis, MO (1950), pp. 1260-1265.
5. M. Aldrigui, P. E. Silva, F. C. A. Xavier, F. D. Nunes, S. K. Bussadori, and M. T. Wanderley, “Mucocele of the lower lip in a 1 year old child,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 95–98, 2010.
6. N. Bhargava, P. Agarwal, N. Sharma, M. Agrawal,M. Sidiq,and P. Narain “ Case Report An Unusual Presentation of Oral Mucocele in Infant and Its Review Case Reports in Dentistry Volume 2014, Article ID 723130, 6 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/723130.
7. Flaitz CM. Mucocele and ranula. Medscape Ref 2012[online]. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1076717.
8. Jani DR, Chawda J, Sundaragiri SK, Parmar G. Mucocele--a study of 36 cases. Indian J Dent Res. 2010 Jul-Sep;21(3):337-40. doi: 10.4103/0970-9290.70793.
9. Shapira, M.D. and Sharon Akrish, D.D.S. Mucoceles of the Oral Cavity in Neonates and Infants—Report of a Case and Literature Review Moshe Pediatric Dermatology Vol. 31 No. 2 e55–e58, 2014.
10. JW Eveson Superficial mucoceles: Pitfall in clinical and microscopic diagnosis-Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol, 66 (1988), pp. 318-322.
11. Chi AC, Lambert PR 3rd, Richardson MS, Neville BW. Oral mucoceles: a clinicopathologic review of 1,824 cases, including unusual variants. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 69:1086‐1093.
12. Bahadure RN, Fulzele P, Thosar N, Badole G, Baliga S. Conventional surgical treatment of oral mucocele: a series of 23 cases. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2012;13(2):143-146.
13. Oliveira DT, Consolaro A, Freitas FJ. Histopathological spectrum of 112 cases of mucocele. Braz Dent J. 1993. 4(1):29-36.
14. Jimbu Y, Kusama M, Itoh H et al. Mucocele of the glands of Blandin‐Nuhn: clinical and histopathologic analysis of 26 cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2003; 95:467–470.
15. Abe A, Kurita K, Hayashi H, Minagawa M. Multiple mucoceles of the lower lip: A case report. Clin Case Rep. 2019; 7:1388–1390. 10.1002/ccr3.2253.