Main Article Content
Cutaneous Metastatic Tonsillar Carcinoma, Tonsillar Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Female
Cutaneous metastatic tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is extremely rare and indicates a poor prognosis. To our knowledge, only 8 cases of cutaneous metastatic tonsillar SCC previously have been reported in the English literature. Here, we present the third case of a female with cutaneous metastatic tonsillar SCC.
2. Bari O, Cohen PR. Cutaneous metastasis from tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma: Report and review of the literature. Cureus. 2017;9(3):e1122.
3. Lobato‐Berezo A, Fernández‐Figueras MT, Campoy A, Pujol RM, Moya‐Horno I. Monocle tumor as tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma metastasis: Resolution after chemotherapy treatment. Int J Dermatol. 2018;57(4):498-500.
4. Chikkannaiah P, Boovalli MM, Kumar RP, Murthy VS. Unusual cases of carcinoma of palatine tonsil. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol. 2015;19(2):242-246.
5. Dasmajumdar SK, Gairola M, Sharma DN, Mohanti BK. Cutaneous metastasis from carcinoma of tonsil. J Postgrad Med. 2002;48(1):32-33.
6. Poovaneswaran S, Paleri V, Charlton F, Dobrowsky W, Kelly C. Cutaneous metastases from head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Med J Malaysia. 2012;67(4):430-432.
7. Singh GK, Yadav V, Singh P, Bhowmik KT. Multiple cutaneous metastases in a patient of carcinoma tonsil – report of a rare case. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2016;28(3):191-193.
8. Yoskovitch A, Hier MP, Okrainec A, Black MJ, Rochon L. Skin metastases in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001;124(3):248-252.