Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
All submissions should be clearly marked to include their article type and conform to guidelines set forth in the manuscript checklist.
The Article Types are listed below:
In Depth Reviews
In-Depth Reviews include original research articles including clinical trials, systematic reviews, meta-anlysis, surveys with high response rates, observational studies and cohort studies that report on original data that is not yet published in the literature.
Word Count: 2500 words maximum
Structured Abstract: required, up to 250 words
Figures/Tables: 6 maximum
References: 50 references maximum
Brief articles should report on original investigations, unique clinical findings or interesting cases. These articles can include case reports.
Word Count: 1000 words maximum
Structured Abstract: required, 250 words maximum
Figures/Tables: 3 maximum
References: 12 references maximum
Short Communications can include reports on original research, case reports, letters to the editor, or letters in reply. Additionally these can report on notable observations within dermatology or clinical practice.
Word Count: 500 words maximum
Structured Abstract: not required
Figures/Tables: 2 maximum
References: 6 references maximum
Compelling Comments are intended to provide historical notes, practice pearls, or humanity items which are relevant to dermatology. These rapid communications should be of interest to readers and provide new knowledge that may not be readily available in other journals
Word Count: 300 words maximum
Structured Abstract: not required
Figures/Tables: 1 maximum
References: 3 references maximum
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in a single document as Microsoft Word document or PDF file format containing a cover letter, title page, manuscript, references. Please do not embed files and figures and upload these as supplemental documents.
- The cover letter should include a title, brief description of the manuscript and its significance to dermatology. Additionally, please include the article type, any relevant conflicts of interests, and possible reviewers.
The title page should include:
1) The article title
2) Full names, academic degrees and academic or institutional affiliation of all authors
3) Disclosure of any potential conflicts of interest
4) Statement of any relevant funding sources for the manuscript.
5) Word Count
6) Reference Count
7) Figure and Table Count
- Please ensure that the manuscript is double-spaced and uses a 12-point font with continuous line numbering. Figures and tables should not be embedded in the submission file.
- Upload files and figures as supplemental documents.
Authors transfer copyright to the publisher as part of the journal publishing agreement.
SKIN is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of this journal website. The names and email addresses entered in this website will be used only for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to third parties under any circumstances. Users consent to receive communication from SKIN for the stated purposes of the journal.